As a Partner of Accunomics, Glenn Babich has over 20 years of experience leading business and organizational transformation efforts, with particular emphasis on developing competencies and capabilities to increase and sustain financial performance and profitability. He has broad experience designing and delivering strategy, operational improvement and business turnaround consulting engagements at numerous clients across multiple industries. His primary focus has been on profit improvement and enterprise turnarounds with global clients in the Downstream, Trading, Supply and Marketing, Chemicals, Utilities, Telecommunications and High Technology businesses.
- Business optimization and transformation, including broad-based change management, restructuring, capability development, continuous performance improvement, and organizational restructuring.
- Sales and Marketing strategy and execution, including pricing optimization, contract management, new business development, customer account planning, market segmentation, and channel strategy.
- Corporate strategy and development, including strategy review and alignment, portfolio rationalization, market entry and growth strategies.
- Operations improvement and management, including capability development, cost reduction, supply chain management, and balanced scorecard.
- Led Downstream Transformation assessment and implementation for Super-Major Oil and Gas company. Mr. Babich managed teams driving business improvements in areas of pricing and discounting, supply chain optimization, operating expense reduction, portfolio rationalization, and profitability management and reporting. These efforts have collectively delivered upwards of $500 Million in earnings improvements.
- Led the Global Supply Chain and Operations transformation effort for a one of the world’s largest lubricants companies. This was part of a business transformation program which increased the after tax earnings from $4 Million per year to $55+ Million. The scope of the effort included reengineering supply chain process and organization design, as well as strategy refresh and significant change management activities.
- For one of the Super Major energy companies, Mr. Babich led a global turnaround effort within the Marine Fuels Trading organization for the Americas, Europe and Asia. Activities included a full and comprehensive analysis of the existing processes, systems and business models. The joint effort included the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes across the trading value chain. These trading economic analysis tools enabled increased capabilities toward deal capture, capital and asset management, and trade execution. The effort improved the global ROCE performance from just above breakeven to greater than 25% within 12 months. In addition, the profit after tax increased by more than $150MM.
- Led the analysis and the capability program for a Super-Major global downstream Marketing organization. The focus was on building organizational capabilities necessary to compete in the current dynamic environment. The business faced challenges with complex pricing models, pricing volatility and new market entrants including hedge funds and investment banks. A comprehensive business model, which included sophisticated dialing pricing tools and term-based pricing models, was developed and deployed in the largest global markets. The effort delivered a significant improvement in margin per barrel and return on Capital employed.
- Led the global supply chain and operations improvement assessment for a leading Oil and Gas Additives manufacturer. This assessment, which included focused efforts around cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and manufacturing throughput improvements, resulted in the business achieving a ROCE in excess of 15%.
- BEARINGPOINT, Managing Director – Management Consulting
- CAP GEMINI ERNST & YOUNG, Director – Strategy and Transformation
- PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS, Senior Consultant – Management Consulting
- GEMINI CONSULTING, Senior Consultant – Management Consulting
- INGERSOLL RAND, Project Engineer – Manufacturing And Operations
- BS, University of Rhode Island
- MBA, Cornell University, S.C. Johnson School of Management