As the Founder and Managing Partner of Accunomics, Bob Shaw brings over 30 years of business transformation experience to his clients. Mr. Shaw has an outstanding track record of designing and implementing large-scale profit improvement initiatives at Fortune 100 companies, and often serves as a most trusted advisor and confidant to executives navigating through the challenges corporate change.
Mr. Shaw is the principal architect of Accunomic’s proven business transformation process – a solution that connects classical cost-focused consulting with advanced profitability modeling through data mining processes and pricing optimization techniques.
Mr. Shaw is also a seasoned consulting executive, having held senior leadership roles in the management consulting practices at BearingPoint, Deloitte and Cap Gemini. He is the managing partner at Accunomics, and is responsible for all operations of this global management consultancy.
- Business transformation, including executive change management, corporate and organizational restructuring, turnarounds, profitability modeling and post-acquisition/divestiture assistance.
- Market strategy and execution, including pricing optimization, discounting practices, channel strategy, sales force effectiveness, service level design and market segment optimization.
- Corporate strategy and development, including strategy review and alignment, portfolio rationalization, joint venturing and alliances, and acquisition evaluation.
- Operations Management, including cost reduction, supply chain management, scorecard development, and management review processes.
- Engineered a transformation of a $4.5 Billion global lubricants business through Accunomics’ holistic process. Improved earnings from $5 Million to $350 Million while boosting return on capital to an industry leading 45%.
- Achieved earnings growth of over 100% and return on capital of over 15% at a $1.7 Billion fuel additives manufacturer. Applied Accunomics’ profitability-driven approach to aligning pricing, organization design, channel strategy, supply chain and product development.
- Boosted profits by $75 Million – 300%+ – at a $7.0 Billion global commodity trading and marketing organization. Areas of improvement included trading profitability analysis, trading tools design and implementation, hedging performance reporting, channel marketing, pricing and balance sheet management processes.
- Designed a strategic sourcing initiative for a garment manufacturer that reduced suppliers from 18,000 to 6,000, and reduced cost of goods from 10% to 25% across the product line, resulting in over $20 Million in annual benefits.
- Designed a strategic sourcing solution that leveraged a pharmaceutical company’s ERP implementation for $8 million in annual benefits.
- Led cost restructuring efforts in the supply chain of a Canadian chemical manufacturer, resulting in $160 Million in annual benefits.
- Designed and managed the transformation of a $6 billion global fibers business that yielded $50 Million in annual benefits. Focus areas included plant optimization, supply chain improvements, rationalization of products and the implementation of shared services.
- Integrated the supply chains of two European fiber manufacturers following their merger, and captured $80 Million in annual savings.
- Managed operational improvement projects for post acquisition or pre-divestment manufacturing-focused business units.
- Improved operational output and productivity of a 450-person manufacturer of electric and electronic fork-lifts by more than 30%, while being accountable for operations, production control and inventory management.
- BEARINGPOINT, Lead Managing Director – Management Consulting
- DELOITTE & TOUCHE CONSULTING GROUP, Senior Partner – Global Manufacturing Group
- GEMINI CONSULTING, Vice President and General Manager – Canada
- BEATRICE COMPANIES, Project Manager – Acquisitions & Divestitures
BA, State University of New York at Stony Brook